There is a TON of stuff to do in and around Hamilton this Canada Day long weekend as we celebrate our nation’s 150th birthday!
In the harbour, the tall ships will dock at Pier 8 at 4 p.m this (Friday) afternoon, and will be open for free deck tours from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturday. The city will be running shuttles from the downtown to the waterfront for the event.
Canada Day celebrations will happen at Bayfront Park, including live music and fireworks.
It’s Your Festival 2017 begins Friday at Gage Park, with entertainment on four stages, through Sunday. David Usher is the Friday night headliner. Ashley MacIsaac and The Sadies top the musical bill on Canada Day.
Oh Canada Ribfest goes this weekend in Memorial Park in Waterdown. Come out for the ribs and stay for the live music, vendors in the Rotary Marketplace and family activities. All proceeds go to projects sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Flamborough AM and Waterdown.
- Friday: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Saturday: 11:00 am – 11:30 pm (fireworks at dusk)
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 11:30 pm
- Monday: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
And it wouldn’t be Canada Day without fireworks! Here’s where you can watch them:
In Hamilton: Bayfront and Pier 4 Parks, 10 p.m.
In Burlington: Spencer Smith Park, 10 p.m.
- Ashbridges Bay Park, after 9:30 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland, 10 p.m.
- CN Tower, 10:30 p.m.
- Downsview Park, 10 p.m.
- Harbourfont Centre, 10:45 p.m.
- Humber Bay Park West, 10:55 p.m.
- Celebration Square in Mississauga, 10 p.m.
- Chinguacousy Park in Brampton, 10 p.m.
What’s open this weekend:
- GO Transit will run on a Saturday schedule on Monday
- Most tourist attractions, museums, etc. will be open on Monday
- Most malls will be open on Saturday
- LCBO stores open Sunday with extended hours and open Monday
What’s closed this weekend:
- LCBO stores closed Saturday
- Beer Stores closed Saturday
- Some bank branches will be closed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, while others will be closed on Saturday and Monday. Check your bank for hours
- Government offices and municipal buildings will be closed on Monday, and mail won’t be delivered
- Most grocery stores will be closed on Saturday
Most importantly, stay safe this long weekend! Be careful if you’re going to be handling fireworks. And if you’re going to be drinking, no boating or driving!