CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
FLY THE Y
1. THE CONTEST AND THE CONTEST PERIOD
The FLY THE Y contest (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00 am EST on August 31, 2009 and concludes at 1159 pm on October 31, 2009 (the “Contest Period”).
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is open to residents of Ontario, who have attained the age of eighteen (18) but excluding employees and directors of CJXY-FM (“Y108”), Corus Entertainment Inc. (“Corus”), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of CJXY-FM or Corus (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of NOLITOURS, Arctic Spas (the “Sponsors”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing.
4. HOW TO ENTER
(a) Beginning August 31, 2009, and for the duration of the Contest Period, listeners may enter by:
(1) finding a way of publicly displaying the Y108 logo, located at www.y108.ca (the “Logo”) in such a manner as to attract as much exposure as possible. Entries may be static (eg: an object in a front yard), a mobile display (eg: a decorated vehicle), or limited in time (eg: a display that invites television broadcast). The Logo must be reproduced exactly as depicted on the Y108 website, including all trade-mark notices; Entrants can submit their entries in one of two categories.
A) INDIVIDUAL OR NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION
(2) Submitting a written explanation of the entrant’s efforts in displaying the Logo (the “Written Submission”), and delivering it, along with photos or videos of the display (the “Entry”) to Y108 studios during business hours at 875 Main Street West, Hamilton, L8S 4R1 during business hours.
All Entries will be reproduced on www.Y108.ca during the Contest Period.
5. HOW TO WIN
(a) Each Friday morning during the Contest Period one Entry in each category will be selected by Contest judges as most original, creative and as most successful at attractive an audience. Each Friday morning during the Ben and Kerry Show between 7:00 am-9:00 am, one (1) Entry will be chosen from either category will be announced and awarded a Weekly Prize, as defined below. The winners of the Weekly Prizes’ entries’ will be posted on-line in the Winner’s Circle at www.y108.ca.
(b) At the end of eight weeks, all entries will be judged by a panel of Contest judges. Two Grand Prizes will be awarded, one (1) in each category. Previous Weekly Prize winners will remain eligible to win the Grand Prize in each category (ie: the fact they were weekly winners does not eliminate them from winning the grand prize). These will be announced on-air November 2, 2009 on the BEN AND KERRY SHOW and posted in the Winner’s Circle on-line at y108.ca.
6. WRITTEN SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Written submissions submitted with each Contest entry must conform to the following requirements:
• Must be legibly written in the English language
• Must not exceed 500 words
• Must not contain crude or vulgar language.
• Must include location of the Logo display (if it is static), number of how many people have seen the Logo, and when the Logo was on display.
• Colour pictures must clearly show location and logo – colour photo
• Video submissions must be submitted on CD and be operable on a computer for viewing.
7. THE PRIZES
There will be (8) eight Weekly Prizes awarded, one per week including:
(a) Four (4) all inclusive vacation packages based on double occupancy from Toronto to Holguin Cuba, for seven (7) nights at the Club Amigo Atlantico Guardalavaca Bungalow Cameleon; and
(b) Four (4) all inclusive vacation packages based on double occupancy from Toronto to Costa Rica, for seven (7) nights at the Allegro Papagayo in Liberia, Costa Rica.
There will be two (2) GRAND PRIZES awarded in two categories:
(c) The GRAND PRIZE winner in the INDIVIDUAL/NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION entry will receive:
a. $10,000 cash
b. One (1) Antigua, 2-speed, 18-jet hot tub from Arctic Spas, 110 Volt, GFCI Cord Included (Just plug and go) , 1 KW Energy Efficient Heater , Digital Controls, LED Light, 18 Adjustable Jets, Ice Bucket and Tray, Approximately 1060 liters capacity, Hinged, Lockable Access Door plus delivery, set-up and chemical start-up kit.
(d) The GRAND PRIZE winner in the BUSINESS category will receive: $10,000 in advertising on CJXY-FM (full rate card value, some restrictions apply).
The “Weekly Prize(s) and the “Grand Prize(s)” are collectively referred to as the “Prizes” or a “Prize”.
8. . PRIZE VALUE
The approximate retail value of the Weekly Prize is $3000.00 each. The retail value of the INDIVIDUAL/NOT FOR PROFIT category Grand Prize is $15,000. The retail value of the BUSINESS category Grand Prize is $10,000.
9. DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING GRAND PRIZE
Individual Weekly Prize winners must claim their Prize within one (1) week of being contacted as a winner by CJXY-FM. The Grand Prize winners of the INDIVIDUAL/NOT FOR PROFIT category must claim the Prize by November 6, 2009]. The Grand Prize winner in the BUSINESS category will have until Aug 30, 2010 to utilize their advertising on CJXY-FM (some restrictions apply. The rate is $89 per 30 or $125 per 60. With $10,000 you would receive either 112 x 30’s second ads or 80 x 60’s second ads to use. It will run on a Full Reach Plan which is 5a – midnight – 7 days a week for the course of the campaign (no exceptions to timeblocks) Standard creative and production included. Current clients on the station: If you are an active advertiser in the past 12 months on the station – this awarded airtime would be used over and above what you have currently booked. You cannot replace a billing ad campaign for the airtime that has been awarded. No changes to the awarded airtime – must be used by August 30, 2010 or it will be fortified Blackout periods in effect from December 14-24th ) All winners can claim their Prize at Y108 offices at 875 Main Street West, Hamilton.
10. LIMITATIONS ON DATES OF TRAVEL
The Weekly Prize must be taken between October 31 , 2009 and December 31, 2010 (the “Travel Period”). Blackout periods may apply. If the Weekly Prize winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period, he or she will forfeit theWeekly Prize.
The Prize winners and his or her guest, if applicable, are responsible for all incidental expenses incurred in connection with accepting the Prize including, but not limited to, ground transportation not specifically mentioned in Section 7, above, airport improvement fees, travel insurance, trip cancellation insurance, connector flights, sightseeing tours, tips, $150 departure taxes per person, fees and surcharges, excess baggage fees, costs associated with obtaining travel documents, visas, or necessary vaccinations, or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”), plus all expenses related to the installation of the hot tub, including upgrades to any electrical or structural areas required to make the hot tub operational . The Prize winner and his or her guest, if applicable, understand that they may not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from CJXY-FM, Corus, the Affiliates, the Sponsors or their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The Prize winner and his or her guest are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents prior to departure.
12. LIMITATION ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
Only one entry per person per household or business is permitted. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
13. CHANCES OF WINNING
Chances of winning depend on the total number Contest entrants.
14. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
Neither CJXY-FM nor Corus makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize. The Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from CJXY-FM or Corus should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner.
15. DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Prize the Prize winner and his or her guest, if applicable, must:
a) Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question; and
b) Sign a standard form confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these rules and regulations;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Prize; and
- that he or she releases CJXY-FM Corus, the Affiliates, the Sponsors, and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner or his or her guest, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
16. GRAND PRIZE TO BE ACCEPTED AS AWARDED
The decision of the Contest judges is final, and the Prize must be accepted as awarded. No portion of the Prize is transferable. The Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitute for any portion of the Prize is offered. Should the Prize winner be unable to claim the Prize as awarded, his or her entry will be forfeited.
17. SUBSTITUTION OR CHANGE TO THE CONTEST
CJXY-FM, Corus, the Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies reserve the right to substitute the Prize or any component thereof, for those of approximately the same value and reserve the right to change the Contest rules or terminate or withdraw the Contest at any time, without prior notice.
18. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of CJXY-FM, Corus, the Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
19. CONSENT TO USE OF PERSONALITY
By entering the Contest, each entrant, including the Prize winner, consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by CJXY-FM, Corus, the Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that CJXY-FM may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
20. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the “Registrant Information”), each Contest entrant grants permission to CJXY-FM, Corus and the Sponsors to the collection and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize winners. No correspondence will take place between CJXY-FM, Corus, the Sponsors and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Prize.
21. NO DISRUPTION TO CONTEST
All Contest entrants agree to respect the entry process and the operation of the Contest as outlined in these rules and regulations. CJXY-FM, Corus or the Sponsors may disqualify or ban from future contests any Contest entrant or person who CJXY-FM, Corus or the Sponsors believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, or behaving with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person associated with CJXY-FM, Corus or the Sponsors. Any attempt to deliberately damage a website or to undermine the legitimate operation of a contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should any such attempt be made by a Contest entrant or other person, CJXY-FM, Corus and the Sponsors may seek damages or other relief from such Contest entrant or other person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at www.y108.ca and Lobby, 875 Main Street West, Hamilton, L8S 4R1.
23. COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of CJXY-FM, Corus and the Sponsors.
24. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited by law, and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
Return to previous page
Send to a friend